Sunday, September 9, 2007

Nothing Exciting . . . .

Well, we don't have anything exciting to share but it has been awhile since I posted so you get our weekly rundown today! Here are a few pict. of what we did this week.


Lauren started attending preschool 2 days a week this year! Here she is for the first day last week. I switch off with some other mom's from church and we have been doing it for a year but I took a pict. anyway cuz she is so darn cute!
Ready for school and playing with friends.
Today she asked me to help her dress up her bear as Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty. She is wearing her Princess Ariel skirt as well but she refuses to wear anything up top!
She had a tea party with her babies and animals. Again, she has no clothes on but you already know my struggles with that from previous blogs.
So smiley this morning as we were getting ready for church.
Lauren decided she needed to wear tights to church today (even though it is still pretty warm outside) and so she put them on herself. I love that they are backward and she is wearing them with her sandals! She was so proud of herself for doing it all by herself!

This week we also had fun playing at the park, playing in the wards annual Labor Day softball game, swimming at the outdoor pool, going to the children's museum, going to our ward opening social and a friends birthday party. So I guess it was a pretty full week afterall. I do have a funny story from our ward party yesterday though. To explain it correctly though, let me go back to Thurs. We were playing at the park for playgroup on Thurs. and Lauren needed to go potty. I love this park but they have no public restrooms - that can be a problem for potty trained children. So I took Lauren over to the bushes and helped her strip down, spread her legs and go pee. She is pretty good at this since she has had to do it before when we can't find a gas station between here and Nauvoo. So on Sat. we were at the ward party and Lauren and I were over by the toys and she was having fun playing. Suddenly I look over and I see her in the grass pulling her pants down. She never takes her clothes off in public, just in the privacy of our own home, so at first I thought she must have had an accident and wanted out of her clothes. So I run over and just as I get to her she kicks off her underwear and spreads her legs and proceeds to pee right there in front of EVERYBODY! I couldn't believe she had just done that. Everybody was laughing but I was so embarrased that she had just dropped her pants to pee in the middle of the park. As I was helping her put her clothes back on I explained to her that when she needs to go potty she needs to come get me or her Dad and we will help her go to the bathroom. She just looked at me and said, Lauren a big girl, I do it all myself! She had no idea that what she had done wasn't okay since I had shown her how to do it just days previous at another park. I tried to explain that this park did have a restroom and that we need to use it next time. Oh well, at least she didn't pee her pants. But now I need to watch her like a hawk at the park because I am sure she will try this again!
So there you have it, our exciting week in review. This should be another fun week full of dance class, preschool, a trip to the apple orchard and the zoo! So hopefully we will have some fun pictures.


6 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

That was SOOOO funny. I am glad Aaron and I got to witness it first hand. That was great!

Street Fam said...

I must have missed the park incident. That is great! What can you say, she's a big girl now. She's so cute!

Krystal Trapnell said...

Damon went through a phase where he only wanted to pee outside. Even if we were at home, I would find him outside peeing in the bushes. It's frustrating! Glad I'm not alone...

Joni said...

I love that she has a hard time staying clothed! You might want to keep an eye on that when she gets to be a teenager! :)

Bullard Family said...

Lauren always has very entertaing bathroom stories. She has such a great little personality!!

thecherries said...

Classic mom story! Thanks for a good laugh!