Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend

Our Memorial Day weekend was pretty low key. We obviously didn't go anywhere since Dave is still recuperating from his last surgery. I did have a fun night out with a bunch of girls at a good-bye party for a good friend who is moving away soon! There was a lot of singing, food, and just good times hanging out and talking. I was one of the party poopers who went home from the party early - I was the second to leave the party and I left at 3am!


Lauren and I had hoped to go to one of the outdoor pools over the weekend but the weather turned colder and the pools didn't open so we will just have to patiently wait for the warmer weather to return. We also had some pretty bad storms over the weekend. Luckily we missed the worst of them here in our area but tornado season has definitely started and about 1 1/2 hours north of us 6 people were killed when a tornado ripped through their town. I really, really hate tornado season and I hope this season will be as uneventful as possible!


Dave did leave the house this weekend though - he came to church with us on Sunday! He stayed through Sacrament Mtg. and then stayed to hear Lauren give her second talk in primary! She talked about families and she did a GREAT job! And Monday we decided to all go out to lunch together. That was about as exciting as we got over the weekend. At the restaurant they had a coloring book and crayons for Lauren and in the back of the book was a cute letter she could fill in. It asked lots of funny questions and it was fun to learn that Lauren wants to be a Mystery Superhero when she grows up! If you ask her what a mystery superhero does she will tell you that they solve mysteries!

We also found the time to play some rousing games of Pretty Pretty Princess!


Doesn't Dave look great in yellow jewelry?!?! After I took this picture he said that it better not show up on our blog. But I think it shows what a great Dad he is to play Pretty Pretty Princess with his little girl. Luckily I was the one taking the pictures so there isn't one of me to put on here but I will tell you that I was the big winner and loved wearing all my purple jewelry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way cute Lauren...and Dave you too!

Stephanie said...

You have one stinkin' cute little girl! You both are good sports for playing pretty pretty princess. Maybe Dave will get lucky and your next baby girl will be a tomboy who likes trucks over jewels. :) But thats doubtful at best.