A week of pink eye
Monday was our only "normal" day this week. On Tuesday Lauren came down with pink eye and had to stay home from preschool. Despite our best efforts, the pink eye was then passed on to Liddy on Wednesday. We thought our quarantine was almost over, and I even let Lauren go to school on Thursday. only to have pink eye strike again that night - this time in Lauren's other eye. Friday we only left the house to take Liddy to her 2 month check-up and then it was back home to wait out another 24 hours of being contagious. Then wouldn't you know it - Saturday I woke up with a pink eye! So now everyone has had pink eye in at least one eye except for Dave. He says he will get it just in time for our family pictures we are taking in a couple of weeks. Since my church calling is in primary, Dave thought I should stay home so I didn't "contaminate" anyone else. I didn't agree and thought I could just hide out behind my piano in the primary room for 2 hours and it would be fine. I finally changed my mind last night when my eye was puffy and very pink. I thought I might scare a few kids so I found a substitute and Liddy and I are enjoying a quiet Sunday morning at home. Hopefully we can get a picture of the girls in front of our Christmas tree sometime today so we can get our cards finished and in the mail!

I think we had 20 adults at our Thanksgiving dinner. So here is a pict. of the adult table.

I think we had about 15 kids at the kid table.

My first attempt at trying to get a cute pict. of the girls. Liddy was having none of it!

Since we got our first "real" snow this week Lauren has wanted to go out and build a snowman. Since we have all been fighting colds and coughs on top of the pink eye I have not wanted to go outside to build a snowman. This was our compromise the other day.

Dave stayed home with the girls one morning while I went out and got my hair cut and colored. It was time for a change and it is fun to be blonde again! (My Mom and Sisters have been asking for a pict. so here you are)
We are hoping this week is a lot more normal with a lot less pink!







5 comments:
Pink eye is nasty! Hope you're rid of it for good!
Cute hair Trish....thanks for the pict for me. Glad you guys are getting over the pink eye--you lucked out on a quiet Sunday alone. Love, Kristin
Very cute 'do! Ugh, the pink eye drama is so awful!!! Blech. Good luck with it. :)
Love the hair and bangs. Very cute! Sorry to hear about the pink eye.
She is so cute Trish...okay they both are so stinking darling!
Post a Comment