Saturday, July 25, 2009

NYC


Okay - we are here in PA and slowly getting our house put together! Luckily we have had Dave around all week to help. I have a few pict. and I will post them soon but I don't like any of the pict. inside the house because it is messy in all the pict! Hopefully we will find a place for everything soon.



I need some help though. Dave has a conference in NYC in a week and when it is over I am thinking of meeting him there with the girls and spending a couple of days in the city. Since Dave hasn't been in 10 years and I haven't ever been I am wanting advice on what to do with two small children (remember, we will just go for a couple of days)?!?! Any suggestions from those of you who have been would be greatly appreciated. If you can think of a great place to stay too I am open to those suggestions also!





Thanks for the help!


This is where we put Liddy while we were moving boxes into our basement. I have no idea why the pict. is coming up sideways - sorry!

3 comments:

Rivka said...

Yeah! I'm glad to hear you're there safely and on your way to being settled. New York sound like FUN! I can't wait to hear all about it!

We miss you here.

BandHGardner said...

Ok. You must check out www.vrbo.com. There are vacation rentals by owners that are usually a great deal. I'm sure you'll find somewhere to stay via that website.

Walking the Brooklyn Bridge is an absolute must. And once you get to Brooklyn, eat at Grimaldi's pizza. It's by far the very best pizza, ever. Also around Brooklyn Bridge area is Wall Street, Financial District stuff, and you can always catch a free ride on the ferry to Staten Island. That ferry will allow you to see Lady Liberty if you don't have time to spend a whole day going to Liberty Island.

Also, if you happen to hit Greenwich Village, I highly recommend Rocco's Pastry shop.

If you have more questions, I'm happy to help! I miss NYC so much. E-mail me at hollyanngardner(at)gmail(dot)com.

tori said...

Hey, I've been checking your blog every day hoping to hear from you. Of course I didn't check it the last two days. Ha! Ha! I am glad you are there and are getting settled. I need you to call me and give me your new information! As for NYC it sounds like fun! It looks like Holly has you hooked up with lots of great info. The only thing I could think of suggesting was the Ferry Ride out to Staten Island, so she will be way more helpful!