Going, Going, Gone!
After 5 months of trying to sell our condo - we are glad that as of Friday we will no longer be home owners in Iowa! We got an offer last week (too low) but after some negotiations we were able to reach a selling price. The buyers are really getting a great deal but we are very glad to not be paying the mortgage on an empty condo anymore!
I am actually more sad than I thought I would be about finally selling our home. Besides all the wonderful friends we left behind in Iowa, this is our last big attachment to Iowa and now that it is sold it really feels like we have moved on. Even though I struggled with making our family of 4 fit into this 870 sq. foot 2 bedroom/1 bath home for the last 6 years we loved it there and are sad to say goodbye to our first home (first one we bought anyway). We have lots of good memories of our time in Iowa and in our little home but we are so glad to have finally sold it!








10 comments:
Oh I am sooooo happy for you guys! What a relief to have it sold. Yeah, Ron has disappeared into the clutches of teaching accounting once again. He started Monday and he teaches Monday through Wed night and then leaves early Thursday and Fri to beat traffic. It will be a weird schedule to get used to. So I am out trying to make some more friends now. Great people in our ward, I am excited to get to know them better and I'm trying to get a little preschool thing set up for Jace. It's been Ronnie at the head of my plans so now it's fun to concentrate more on Jace. I hope Lauren loves school, Ronnie is doing much better. Good luck to you and Dave's new school year!
Yea!!! Glad you were able to sell in this market. Hope you are doing well in your new home. I know, it was hard moving to this new house. I miss the memories from the old house.
What a relief to have it sold! Sorry you had to sell at such a crappy time.
Yeah! I'm glad to hear you found a buyer. I hope this first school year goes well for Dave! Good luck!
I'm glad it sold! We sure miss you around here. Today was the first day of kindergarten for all the gang. We wish we had you to cry with us!
Yeah! I'm happy for you guys. I'm sure that is a big relief. We miss you guys. Do you miss Iowa? I totally do. Am I crazy?
Glad you were able to get it sold. I hope you had fun in Connecticut. I posted more on my blog for you! :)
Congratulations! I am so glad it worked out for you.
Trish, I'm glad to hear you have it sold. That will be a big relief. It's hard to be resonsible for a property when you don't live anywhere near it in case anything happens. Can't wait to see pictures of Laurens first day of school. Luv, Kristin
Oh my gosh! I haven't checked your blog for awhile (obviously) and didn't know you had moved to PA. We lived in Pittsburgh for four years and ABSOLUTELY LOVE PENNSYLVANIA! It is so beautiful and we loved the people. I hope you enjoy your time there and get to see all the fun stuff out there. We talk about it just about every week. Good luck. And your baby is super cute!
Post a Comment