Monday, September 14, 2009

First Day of School (2 weeks late)!!

Here is Miss. Lauren in all her Kindergarten glory! She was beyond excited for school to FINALLY start. We moved to PA the end of July and she was desperate to make some more friends and to have something to do everyday so we weren't sad at all for the school year to begin -for us it could not come soon enough. She picked out her outfit and told me she wanted her photo taken in front of the tree in the front yard. And she came up with all the fun/crazy poses herself (believe me, there are a lot more crazy poses but these are the lucky few that made it to the blog). And the wonder of Kindergarten has not worn off and for that I am very glad. She comes home everyday and tells me how much she LOVES Kindergarten. If I accidentally ask if she liked school that day she corrects me and tells me, "Mom, I don't like school, I love it!" And she really loves it when she has homework. We have already had math homework and some writing homework and she couldn't wait to do it. I hope this enthusiasm never leaves.








And this last picture here is of my cute girl in front of the D.C. Temple. We went down to D.C. for a temple trip a couple of weeks ago and it was a lot of fun to see this beautiful temple in person. The girls did great and loved staying in a hotel with a nice swimming pool inside. And Dave and I loved that the ward provided babysitting at a nearby stake center and we were able to enjoy a session together. It definitely made all the expense of the trip worth it! We are excited to see a lot more of this temple and to visit the D.C. area a lot more in the coming years!

7 comments:

Cami said...

Lauren really reminds me of you in these pictures.

Lana said...

I was also about to comment that she looks so much like her mommy in these pictures! She's is adorable--and I, of course, am diggin' the red hair. :) Hard to believe the time has flown by so quickly!!

Joe and Liz said...

I love the DC temple. It is so beautiful!! and those are some cute pictures of Lauren. She looks so much like you Tricia!!That's awesome she loves school!

Ron and Rachelle said...

Those poses are hilarious! Hopefully she will be excited when she has to do her Statistics homework...at least she has a daddy who specializes in that stuff! I hope you guys are having a good time in PA.

Bullard Family said...

Cute little Lauren. Hope you guys are doing good. That is so exciting about you selling your place, what a huge relief. We are still waiting, had a couple offers but nothing worth taking. Hopefully soon.

Jill T said...

Ahhh, kindergarten. Can you believe it? I'm glad she's loving it! I agree, I hope the enthusiasm lasts forever!

Robbins Family said...

I can't believe she's in kindergarten! She's SO cute in those pictures. Such a pretty girl. I hope everything's going great! We miss you!