Friday, October 16, 2009

My baby is 1!

Wow - where has the last year gone? I can't believe that Lydia has already turned into a big 1 year old! It took us so long to get her and now I can't even remember life before she was in our family. She is such a HAPPY little thing. She has the best little laugh and she loves to be where the action is. She LOVES her big sister and loves to crawl all over her and be where she is. She is a bit of a Mama's girl (which I secretly love) but it can make it difficult to try to make dinner when she is crawling all around my legs and just wants me to play with her and hold her. Liddy had a fun birthday and got some fun new toys and really enjoyed eating her cake and ice cream!



Lydia checking out her new toys on her birthday!



Digging into the cake and ice cream. She was much messier by the time it was gone.



Things Liddy can do at 1!



  • At one Lydia is starting to walk a little bit. She still definitely prefer's to crawl since she is so speedy at it but she is getting more balanced and taking a few more steps these days.


  • She is a fantastic sleeper and I love that the girls share a room. Last night I could hear them jabbering away to each other for over an hour!


  • She loves trying to feed herself. It is a VERY messy process (especially the morning cereal) and we have a lot of food under our table!


  • She can say Mama, Dada, uh-oh, hi, and no. She can also wave if she feels like it.


  • She loves to pretend that she is talking on the phone. She is very good at holding it up to her ear and then gets a big smile and says, hi.


  • She loves playing peek-a-boo and pat-a-cake. If you start singing pat-a-cake she immediately starts clapping her hands.


  • She LOVES dancing! She loves a good beat and can't sit still if music is playing (even church music). Her favorite music is the theme song to Phinius and Ferb. As soon as she hears it she immediately comes crawling to the TV and starts dancing!


  • She LOVES the bath! She could splash and play in there for hours if I let her. She loves to try to pull the spout that changes the water to come out of the shower head and claps her hands when she is able to do that.

  • At her one year check-up Lydia weighed 19lbs (20%) and was 29 inches long (50%) and her head was 18 in. (70%). At her 9 month check-up (which happened at 8 mos) she was closer to the 50% for weight and 30% for height so she is starting to lengthen out a little bit. But this was our first time at our Dr. office out here in PA and so the difference could also be due to different ways of measuring and different scales. (Oh how I miss the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics and our Pediatrician, Dr. Christensen!)


    Happy Birthday Sweet Lydia! We love you!


Lydia at 1 month - so sweet and innocent!



Lydia at 1 year of age - she has really grown into quite the character!
Can you tell what Lydia is going to be for Halloween? Hint: "May the force be with you."

12 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

Happy Birthday Princess Leah....her costume is adorable!!!!

Lana said...

She is a cute little baby, and it's hard to believe another year has passed us by! Cute pics!

Kristy F. said...

NO...she cant be one already. Seriously, where did the time go? She is growing up so cute. I miss those days. It only gets better from here. :)

Jessica McKay said...

I cannot believe it! I am shocked that she is 1 already. Oh my! She is beautiful.

The Mergenthaler Family said...

What a cutie! We like the Phineas and Ferb song too. Maybe she can teach Andrew some new dance moves.

Kerri said...

She is so beautiful! Time does fly. We are so glad you finally got her and that she has been a wonderful blessing for one full year!

Elisha said...

What? She's one? I swear you just had her! Oh man, I hate how fast time goes by. She's absolutely darling!

Ron and Rachelle said...

Happy Bday to Liddy! It will be fun to meet her someday!

Heather O'Brien said...

She is darling! Time flies. I love all the pics. How are you guys doing?

Street Fam said...

Can't believe she is 1!!! That flew by. Love the costume...too cute! :)

Mary Ann said...

I can't believe she's one! She's so cute. I love all those pictures. :) (And yes, do you mind sending me the recipe for the dinner in a pumpkin? That sounds fun.)

Edwards Family said...

Lydia is so cute! I love her costume! I cannot believe she is 1!!! Seriously, where did the time go. Sounds like she is doing really well! We had the same doctor, we really miss Dr. Christiensen as well! Haven't been able to find anyone as good out here. How are you liking Pennsylvania? How close are you to Philidelphia? John and I are going to be going out there in May for a conference. If your close to Phily, it would be fun to get together.