I love spaghetti, how about you?
I think Spaghetti is Lauren's all time favorite food (well, that or pickles - its a toss up)! We were eating it a couple of weeks ago and she was being so funny that I went and grabbed the camera.
We have been keeping ourselves busy this week by playing a lot. We had gorgeous weather last week so we spent a lot of time at the park and even squeezed in a trip to the pool. Friday Dave and I went and saw the new Harry Potter movie and really liked it. I would have liked it even more if I could have stopped thinking of how it was different than the book but it is definitely worth seeing. We also went and picked blueberries again over the weekend. We have been enjoying lots of blueberry muffins, pancakes, and even a blueberry sourcream pie. Since we have been eating so many we decided we needed to get a few more before the season was over. We were able to get lots of blueberries but unfortunately we got lots of bug bites too (we even used bug spray)! I must have had an allergic reaction to a bug bite because I woke up Sunday morning with one of my eyes very swollen. After a lot of benedryl and claritin I am almost back to normal.
Since I was looking half way normal again today, Lauren and I went over to the children's museum with some friends to play this afternoon. It started sprinkling on our way home which soon turned into a torrential downpour. Then the tornado warnings started so I dutifully got Lauren and told her we had to go into the bathroom for a little while (our safe place in our house since it has no outside walls and no windows). She was so confused. She kept saying, "I don't need to go potty! I don't need to go potty!" I explained that I understood but that we needed to stay in the bathroom until the tornado warning was over. So we took a bunch of books into the bathroom and read for about 25 min. Luckily we didn't have a tornado but we had the biggest hail I have ever seen. They were the size of golfballs and I really wanted to go outside and get some so I could take a picture of them but since Dave wasn't home I didn't want to leave Lauren in the house by herself. So you will just have to take my word for it - they were HUGE!









5 comments:
Trisha, thanks for the magazine! I read it by my parents pool today while I was basking in the sun.
Can't say I miss crazy Iowa weather! Thanks again.
Hey Trish, sorry I haven't commented on any of your blogs yet. I have been reading them and Lauren is a cutie. I love how you display your pictures too. Iowa weather sounds a little more dangerous than I think I can handle but I am glad you haven't experienced any serious problems from it. Right now, we are just trying to survive the heat and trying to make sure the kids are ready for back to school. Take care and I hope the weather is more friendly to you. Kelli
Sounds like your weather is not good. We had a downpour yesterday afternoon and then it rained again in the night, but we didn't get any hail. We just don't want that kind of weather when we are in Wisconsin. I'd love to have the receipe for the blueberry cream pie. Send by our e-mail. I know how Lauren loves pickles and even pickle juice. She just loves life!!! Grandma Folsom
Hey Trisha,
It's me Sarah Ross. Yep I found your blog. AND IT IS CUTE! I hope you don't mind that I was looking at it. How did you get such a cute layout...or background...whatever you call it.
Hey! At least SOMEBODY understands my pain with the weather. My family thinks it's quite hilarious! I really don't miss AZ much but I can say I DO miss the weather as far as tornadoes are concerned . . . I don't miss the heat one bit!! How long have you guys been in Iowa? I'm really liking it here in Michigan. Never thought I'd be this far west though. Here's to good weather!!
Taryn
Post a Comment